Skip Navigation

Police Department History

Rialto Police Car  The City of Rialto was incorporated November 17, 1911. In 1939, the Police Department employed only two sworn officers. In 1945, the Police Department employed four sworn officers, serviced five square miles, with a population of 3,000. In 1976, the Police Department serviced sixteen square miles with a population of 32,000. The new police facility was dedicated November 20, 1973. In 1973, the police facility housed less than half of the Department's current personnel.

The Department currently employs 150 total employees, 112 sworn and thirty-eight non-sworn. The Police Department officers a variety of services and assignments to include field patrol, K-9, School Resource Officer (SRO), DARE, Street Crime Attack Team (SCAT), Investigations, Traffic, Narcotics, Training/Backgrounds, SWAT and Crisis Negotiations. The Police Department's budget is 22 million annually, with an active participation in grant funding. The Police Department continues to provide a high level of service to the community, encourages innovation, and the use and implementation of technology.
Last Updated: 10/4/2007
150 S. Palm Avenue, Rialto, CA 92376 • Phone: (909) 820-2525 • Fax: (909) 820-2527
© 2014 City of Rialto • Privacy PolicyAccessibility PolicyContact Us